Working at Castle & Key
WHO WE ARE
We are a team that takes daring actions and has crazy vision.
WHY WE EXIST
To inspire others to have the courage to follow their convictions.
WHERE WE ARE GOING
To be a brand recognized around the world for inspiring millions of people to follow their passions through an experience with our spirits.
Courage to respectfully challenge the status quo.
Excellence in all that we do.
Honesty to our customers, partners, and team.
Thoughtfulness in our approach to all activities.
We are currently seeking
Production Operator ICastle & Key Distillery - Frankfort, KYWe will accept all applications through September 29, 2018Learn more
Job Type: Full-timeTo apply please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
A Production Operator in the Castle & Key Distillery department is responsible for the accurate and timely manufacture of milled grain to barreled new distillate utilizing a proprietary computer controlled and semi-manually operated production facility. The operator is expected to accurately measure all required materials, correctly add, and effectively operate all machinery according to training/SOP protocols, including, but not limited to: scales, pumps, tanks, and stills. The operator will also maintain record of production details including analytical test results, mashing and distillation worksheets, receipt time and quantity of any ingredient or necessary materials, and any other required data as specified in supplied training/SOP protocols.
Since safety is a top priority at Castle & Key, much of the operator’s responsibility will focus on maintaining a safe and sanitary work area by ensuring the department and all equipment are cleaned and kept in good working order. Having the ability to acclimate and problem solve quickly will be critically important as unforeseen equipment issues may arise throughout the normal operation day. This role requires the individual to be a leader and self-starter, with the desire for advancement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, effectively working and communicating with
- other members of the department.
- Above-average reading and comprehensive skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form. Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills for basic calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Ability to track and weight ingredients accurately utilizing a floor scale, flow meter and load
- Provide support to unloading, milling, cooking, and fermentation processes, while maintaining
- satisfactory level of cleanliness and safety.
- Ability to learn quickly and support the plant’s process improvement initiatives.
- Previous Distillation/Manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, viewing a computer monitor may be required.
- May be required to push, pull, lift objects > 50 pounds.
- Exposure to loud noises, alcohol vapors, extreme weather and temperature conditions (heat, cold, wet), dust, debris, sharp objects, potentially hazardous chemical, gases and equipment and steam.
- Exposure to machinery with moving parts.
- May be required to climb a ladder or crawl into confined space.
- Off hours, including nights and weekends may be required.
DETAIL OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Perform multiple and diverse production duties in the distillery, warehousing and bottling
- operations, i.e., grain receiving and handling, milling, cooking, fermentation, distillation, by- product handling, raw materials handling, and all bottling activities as needed.
- Specific responsibilities of a Castle & Key Distillery Operator Level 1 are as follows:
- Boiler blow-down – Day & Night Operations o Understanding of Water Systems and pump flow paths
- Ingredient Unload
- Proper set-up and operation of unload conveyor system
- Basic troubleshooting of system faults
- Grain quality testing and reports
- Grain unload & loss log record keeping o Slop Unload
- Understands proper operation of agitators and pumps
- Clear and timely communications with Logistics’ Manager and Shift Leader/Supervisor at each unload to provide accurate information on levels in tanks.
- Practice safety and cleanliness o Mashing
- Silo Identification
- Roller Mill gap set-up for milling, and verification of grind size (Sieve Analysis)
- Mashing log record keeping and accurate documentation of ingredient quantities, temperatures, times and any notes that would be of value for other team members
- Good understanding of flow pathways of grain, water, steam and mash o Steam Sterilization / Cleaning processes o Mash Transfer and Rinsing Process o Monitoring Fermentation – Beer Chemistry (dry inch, pH, brix, specific gravity) o Proven abilities in cistern room operation, gauging spirits and filling barrels.
- Basic understanding of distillation fundamentals and theory and can articulate them in laymen terminology
- Adequate ability to start-up and Shut-down still
- Adequate ability to run the still under normal operation
- Proven ability to record hourly proof, pressure and temperature conditions and make adjustments to steam levels or beer feed rate if required
- Attentive to the still and aware of all conditions surrounding the still – beer well level, slop tanks level, cistern room readiness, cooling water levels
- Consults with Shift Leader and/or supervisor in a timely manner if any deviation occurs during still operation
- Proven abilities in cistern room operation, gauging spirits and filling barrels. Understands all cistern SOPs including document preparation and regulatory requirements.
- Understands all cistern SOPs including document preparation and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct various quality control tests and procedures (i.e., temperatures, proof levels, grain
- quantities, gallonages, volumes, beer data, etc.) to assure that incoming raw materials, work-in- process and finished product meet the desired quality guidelines as set forth in the Castle & Key operations manual.
- Perform general maintenance, preventive maintenance, sanitation and general clean-up functions
- pertaining to production tools and equipment. Assist maintenance personnel when needed.
- Effectively troubleshoot and resolve operational problems when they occur. Consult with the
- Production Supervisor or Master Distiller when situations exist that require collective reasoning.
- Read, comprehend, and comply with all production operation directives and procedures.
- Maintain and service plant buildings, grounds, facilities and utilities equipment as needed.
Hospitality AssociateCastle & Key Distillery - Frankfort, KYWe will accept all applications through October 20, 2018Learn more
Job Type: Part-timeTo apply please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hospitality Associate is a seasonal part-time position within our Hospitality Department that serves the Guest Experience and Retail Department’s guests during their time on site. They will rotate between the greeting areas, answering questions., the retail space and maintaining neatness and cleanliness of commons spaces. This position will be required to be “on-stage” for the majority of their shift.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Degree/GED required, Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Must be of 21 years of age
Extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, viewing a computer monitor may be required
May be required to push, pull, lift objects > 50 pounds
Exposure to extreme weather and temperature conditions (heat, cold, wet)
May be required to climb a ladder or crawl into confined spaces
Travel by car, bus, train or plane may be required
Off hours, including nights and weekends may be required
DETAIL OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Greets all guests in several reception checkpoints throughout the property and answers all incoming questions
- They will be responsible for assisting guests as they shop in the retail space and answering/directing questions appropriately and provide them with customized sales pitch of C&K products
- Responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of common spaces in the hospitality building by sweeping, mopping, restocking, restroom checks and additional cleaning tasks as they arise.
- Exhibit high levels of knowledge regarding spirits and Castle & Key’s history/property
- Prepare tasting areas, drinkware, and gear for tours throughout the day cleaning and prepping multiple times per day as determined by tour schedule
- Escalate any guest concerns or feedback to the appropriate upline leader and maintain a pleasant and hospitable demeanor at all times.
- Assist with on-site events, as needed